1) Provides general nursing care to patients in hospital, nursing home, infirmary, or similar health care facility : Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
2) Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatments and examinations of patients.
3) Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or physician of patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
4) Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of patient.
5) May rotate among various clinical services of institution, such as obstetrics, surgery, orthopedics, outpatient and admitting, pediatrics, and psychiatry.
6) May prepare rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and supplies, and hand items to SURGEON ; OBSTETRICIAN , or other medical practitioner.
7) May make beds, bathe, and feed patients.
8) May serve as leader for group of personnel rendering nursing care to number of patients.