As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven indoor vertical farming company transforming agriculture with global headquarters in Newark, NJ. Recognized by Inc.com as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling quickly to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards. Recently, the company announced it will build a state-of the art research and development (R&D) center in Abu Dhabi to create an in-country Agri-Tech ecosystem. We now look for seasoned professionals to join our Abu Dhabi entity for establishment and growth of our operation in the region.
- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious and creative individuals to support you
- The backing of some seriously impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, IKEA, Prudential and other leading venture funds
Job Description Summary:
This position will report to the General Manager of AeroFarms AgX Ltd and will be responsible for construction functions on site, project activities coordination, installation of equipment, testing and commissioning, and maintenance activities for AeroFarms’ R&D facility in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate activities related to construction of new structures, refurbishing of existing facilities, installation and operation of electro-mechanical systems.
- Participate in the conceptual development of the project and oversee its schedule, budget, and execution.
- Review and administer construction contracts and coordinate with a variety of federal and local authorities to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Conduct inspections to ensure compliance with plans, standards, and specifications.
- Review, analyze, and maintain schedules established by the contractor to ensure it meets the established project completion date.
- Analyze delays and make recommendations for appropriate action to correct deficiencies and make recommendations to accept, reject or amend contract claims.
- Participate in meetings with contractors and other agencies and maintains a record of all correspondences.
- Liaise between all stakeholders to ensure communication of the approval process, adherence to schedule and budget, and review of project progress reports.
- Conduct inspections to verify works are completed in accordance with standard specifications and project plans.
- Ensure quality control efforts are coordinated to ensure material compliance with standard specifications.
- Ensure all safety measures are being followed and enforce OSHA safety standards on site.
- Develop a maintenance budget, monitor expenditures, determine staffing requirements and training needs, and coordinate maintenance activities.
- Review and inspect all materials and equipment on site, installation method statements, testing and commissioning procedures, and rehabilitation and repairs.
- BS/BE in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering from a reputable and accredited university
- A Masters Degree in Engineering Management or Construction Management is a great addition
- A PMP certification is a great addition
- Minimum 10+ years of relevant experience in contracting.
- Experience in Design and Build type of contracts (FIDIC)
- Successful on-site experience including construction of manufacturing and storage facilities
- Experience in budgeting, planning, sourcing and subcontracting, with good negotiations skills.
- Experience in developing testing and commissioning/ equipment validation plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with aggressive schedules
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Proficient with MS Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Project.
- Professional knowledge of Primavera P6 planning software.
- Bilingual in Arabic and English both written and spoken
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
· This is a full-time position with normal work hours and workdays. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
· Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain all listings of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
** This position requires a complete residency in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, UAE and would require a valid UAE driver’s license**
** This position must be accessible during some US work hours for reporting and coordinating **
Powered by JazzHR