To follow the grooming standards of the hotel to portray a professional image at all times
2. Show fullest cooperation and respect within the team and other departments
3. To be fully aware of the national history, places of interest, shopping areas, etc.
4. Works diligently to develop and maintain relationships with corporate clientele to maximise revenue
5. To maintain professional confidentiality and never disclose any secrets pertaining to the Company.
6. To ensure that the product standards are followed as trained.
7. To input and answer all written correspondence (fax & email) and telephone inquiries within 24 hours of being received.
8. To ensure all reservations are correctly and accurately input into the opera system and maintained.
9. To ensure that all reports are completed on a daily basis and filed for reference.
10. To be aware of the Hotel occupancy and average room rate today, month to-date and performance against budget requirements.
11. Maximize hotel yield by up selling and suggestive selling in line with strategy.
12. To file all correspondence on a daily basis ready for hand-over to reception.
13. To conduct a daily audit of tomorrows arrival file to ensure accurate details are recorded in each reservation.
14. To use guest names whenever appropriate.
15. Thoroughly familiarizes oneself with the Hotel’s emergency procedures and is in a state of preparedness for any emergency which may occur.
16. Seek out potential corporate clients and gives the lead to either the Reservations Manager or the Sales Department
17. Co-ordination with Front Office and other departments if regarding requests as required.
18. He / she is familiar with all related company documentation and especially with the relevant Operational Standards Manual for his / her field of responsibility.
19. Assist in Task Force Teams for new openings as requested
20. To have a complete understanding of and to adhere
a. posses at least two (2) years of experience in a similar role (preferably in a five (5) star property)
b. preferably with previous pre-opening experience in a similar role
c. an excellent team player
d. has a high degree of emotional intelligence’, remains rational and calm under pressure and is open-minded and excited by cultural and professional diversity.