The General Civil Aviation Authority was created in 1996 by Federal Cabinet Decree (Law 4) to regulate Civil Aviation and provide designated aviation services with observance to the safety and security to strengthen the aviation industry within the UAE and its upper space.
Since 1996 the Authority has made considerable progress and embarked on bold new initiatives to provide a better service to its civil aviation clients and stakeholders.
Since 1996 many new projects and innovations have been initiated with generally excellent result, such as modernization of the air traffic control center program, Radar equipments and establishing of new facilities to serve the growth of the civil aviation within the UAE.
Duties & Responsibilities :
1. Evaluate financial and operational controls and procedures in different business units. Develop risk-based audit programs.
2. Execute the approved audit plan and complete the work program.
3. Prepare the audit report, including audit findings, impact and recommendations.
4. Evaluate existing controls, procedures, work practices.
5. Identify control weaknesses, risk areas, inefficient work practices, and recommend improvements.
6. Interact with group companies’ staff and management.
7. Complete audit work and working paper files to support audit work done and audit findings.
8. Develop / draft internal audit reports.
9. Attend the closing audit meetings with the concerned management authority.
10. Perform other similar assignments when requested.
11. Perform follow-up work to ensure that agreed upon corrective action has been taken. 12. Liaise with and provide assistance to external auditors, as appropriate.
1. At least 10 - 15 years of experience in international audit firms or in the internal audit department of multinational companies.
2. Exposure to IT audit and Oracle applications. 3. High levels of communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Very good computer skills and report-writing skills.
5. Fluent in English and Arabic.
6. PREFERABLY has worked in the aviation industry.
1. Should have a Degree in Finance or Accountancy.
2. Should hold a professional certificate (CA, CPA or CIA).
1. Thorough knowledge of the principles, procedures and practices in accounting and financial records.
2. Knowledge of audit procedures, including planning, techniques, substantive tests and sampling methods involved in conducting audits.
3. Knowledge of computerized accounting and auditing recordkeeping systems.
4. Ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts, and to prepare and present concise oral and written reports.
5. Ability to maintain current knowledge of developments related to business matters of interest to internal audit.
6. Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with divisions, and to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
7. Ability to work unsupervised.