Archirodon was established in 1959 in the form of a J.V. of the Greek firms ARCHIMIDIS, Greece's foremost marine contractor at the time, and ODON & ODOSTROMATON, a road and bridge construction specialist group.
Guided by Constantinos Karpidas, one of Greece's most prominent construction pioneers, the J.V. started its professional life by building the ports of Benghazi in Libya (1961) and subsequently the port of Beirut, Lebanon (1962).
Its success soon led it to develop into a major contractor in its own merit, establishing itself in 1971 as ARCHIRODON CONSTRUCTION (OVERSEAS) CO.
S.A. Under sound management, a dedicated professional staff and the quality and reliability of its work, the company further developed, expanding its operations initially in Saudi Arabia and subsequently in other Gulf countries, North Africa and the Mediterranean area.