Amazon is looking for a highly analytical Vendor Manager with an experience of managing categories / products to join Media team.
If you’re inspired by a new challenge and the thought of contributing to a new business in a significant way then this is the position for you.
Amazon’s overall mission is simple : to be the place where customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever customers want, Amazon will find the means to deliver it.
With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
The Vendor Manager will be responsible for developing and owning the P&L and strategy for one of the categories at a regional level for Amazon in UAE and KSA.
Within this role, the individual will have the opportunity to drive category growth, manage category profitability, and identify means to improve the customer experience.
We are seeking a seasoned individual with a broad skill-set including strong analytical skills, excellent business judgment, strong vendor management and negotiations skills, deep curiosity to uncover how things work, and a passion for creating a world class shopping experience for our customers.
The candidate should be ready to do on-ground work and work with cross-functional teams to get things moving. He / she will work with vendors of all sizes and must have the leadership presence and communication skills to represent Amazon at all levels.
Arabic speaking is necessary for the role.
1. Ability to own and manage the P&L
2. Establish relationships and negotiate agreements / deals with leading manufacturers and brands. Drive new product launches and additions in the category
3. Develop knowledge of supply / demand trends and success drivers in the category
4. Strong Arabic speaking skills
5. Define strategies to deliver best-in-class customer experience while delivering profitable growth in the retail category
6. Collaborate with vendors and merchandizing teams on promotions and marketing initiatives
7. Collaborate with operational teams to ensure healthy inventory levels
8. Participate in day-to-day operational aspects of the category, including business improvement initiatives.
9. Strong written and verbal communication skills- with the ability to create compelling positioning / messaging strategy and present complex information clearly and concisely.
Should be able to drive internal and external negotiations independently
10. Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to justify requirements. Proficient in Excel
1. MBA from a reputed institution
2. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects including prioritization, planning and task delegation
3. Comfortable with hands-on management of tasks, and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
4. e-Commerce experience