1. Monitors the firefighting systems by frequently checking the alarm panel.
2. Assist Firefighter in charge in all related functions and areas.
3. Responds to fire alarms, toxic gas detectors and other emergency calls accompanies fire vehicle to fire or accident location and operates as a member of firefighting crew.
Secures and rescues any entrapped personnel in any type of accidents.
4. Inspects the plant’s perimeter regularly by performing routine rounds. Maintains fire extinguishers and hydrants.
5. Conducts periodical checks, fixed extinguishing systems (CO2, deluges, sprinklers, water, foam and dry powder), inspect, test firefighting pumps and compressors and maintain fire hoses, hydrants, monitors, isolation valves and couplings, and check water level at fire water tanks
6. Inspects the area for giving clearance before hot work permits are issued and checks gas content etc. before issuing confined space PTWs.
Checks the area for gas leaks etc. if reported.
7. Looks after unloading of diesel oil.
8. Performs other similar duties as and when assigned by Fire fighter in charge, HSE Officer or the Head of HSE Unit.
9. Look after AMPC subcontractors.