Business Continuity and Risk Management Specialist
Min. Years : 5
Min. Degree : Educational background related to the role
Required Experience :
The incumbent must have anin-depth understanding of business continuity management and governanceframeworks, strong knowledge of business continuity best practices andprotocols, operational risk management, and in-depth knowledge and expertise ofthe school’s operations, including IT practices.
1. Develop,maintain, implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies andsolutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategyselection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recoveryprocedures.
2. Plan,conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy ofexisting plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly, and actas a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
3. Ensureestablished Crisis and Business Continuity management framework complies withInternational Crisis Management standards (BS 25999 or ISO 22399) and currentbest practice.
4. Contributeto the development and maintenance of the Schools -wide business continuitymanagement program including development of tools and instructional guides, andtesting programs for all crisis and disaster plans and risk management.
5. Contributeto establishing and maintaining program processes and practices whicheffectively ensure that the schools program remains current, andincorporates / aligns with the authorities’ standards and practices asappropriate, and adequately covers general regulatory requirements.
6. Advise / consult with necessary parties in formulating, reviewing and revising CrisisManagement framework and associated policies, and procedures.
7. Supportsand / or leads processes that support BCM governance requirements as part of theschool’s operational risk framework to protect the schools and exploitopportunities.
8. Implementa risk management framework including risk policy, metrics and processes,ensuring their alignment with strategic objectives.
9. Identifyingand evaluating risks and following up the risk treatment plan in coordinationwith all organizational units.
10. Ensuresappropriate integration of requirements and information obtained from varioussources including external regulators and Auditors.
11. Ensureschools Crisis and Business Continuity policy is communicated, understood andeffectively implemented, and build awareness of risks among employees byproviding support and training, and evaluating the means of publicationperiodically and regularly.
12. Documentingknowledge with all their types and participating with knowledge and exchangingit with keeping the information confidentiality.
13. Complyingwith applying the environment and occupational safety and health requirementsand conditions.
14. Coordinatingwith the institutions of the best practices to make standard comparisons with them.
15. Managebudgets for business continuity resources.
16. Anynew assignments by the direct officer as per the work developments.
Theincumbent is preferable to possess the following skills and experience :
1. 5 to 7 years’ breadth ofexposure to educational operations and technology environment within theBusiness Continuity Management.
2. Lead Auditor in Quality orRisk Management Systems.
3. Computer-literateperformer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety ofapplications.
4. Solid knowledge of IT andOperations Audit Methodology
5. Highly developedrelationship management, influencing and leadership skills.
6. Goal-driven leader whomaintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, andcoaches’ employees to meet high performance standards.
7. Flexible team player whothrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and jugglemultiple concurrent projects.
8. Highly analytical thinkingwith demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, andstreamlining complex work processes.
9. Results-driven achieverwith exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree ofdetail orientation.
10. Excellent communicationskills, especially related to facilitation, documentation and reporting.
11. Strong writing and oralcommunication skills (Arabic & English).
1. Certified BusinessContinuity Professional (CBCP)
2. Internal Audit Certificatefor Quality Systems 9001.
4. BC Certified Specialist(BCCS).
5. BC Certified Auditor(BCCA).
6. Crisis ManagementCertified Specialist (CMCS)
7. DR Certified Specialist(DRCS)
2. Quality Management
3. Analysis and studies
4. Economic acumen
5. Project management
Upload Your CV Accepted Files : doc,docx,pdf. Max Size : 500kbs
Pioneer International Projects Management Consultant L.L.C
Office M01 & M02 (Mezzanine Floor), C 5 Tower
Al Bateen Gardens
P.O. Box : 129590, Abu Dhabi, UAE