ThePerformance Tester will need to ensure that the overall Performancetest work-stream spanning all aspects of the delivery (includingsoftware, hardware, equipment, IT etc.
are meeting customerrequirements / industry standards and that the test deliverablesmeet both timeline and quality standards.
The Performance Testerwill work closely with the Performance Test Lead. To fulfil thisrole you must understand thoroughly understand the disciple ofPerformance testing and how to effectively implement a testingprocess within a project or programme.
1.Using object-orientating programming, such as Java, to developperformance tests. Implementing tools like JMeter, LoadRunner andother industry leading technologies.
Using tools like App Dynamics,Dynatrace, Solarwinds and Nagios / Grafana for applicationmonitoring
2. Setting up performance testsfrom requirements gathering through to test execution, usingperformance test to anticipate issues that might arise duringdifferent load conditions
3. Ensuringintegration of performance testing with the automation testapproach and analysing NFRs, technical designs and businessrequirements
4. Establishing and maintainingrelationships with multiple delivery partners and actively engagingstakeholders
5. Developing yourself and thewider team through a range of activities that achieve currentbusiness goals, help to meet future challenges and build a capacityfor change
6. Strong knowledge of the SDLC andexperience with agile test methodology.
7. Beable to communicate at all levels and implement effectiveleadership & testing techniques.
8.ISTQB certification is desirable