Collaborates with the Infection Control team, through the chain of command to perform required infection control and other duties as assigned for the Department of Infection Control & Hospital Epidemiology.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
2. Integrates clinical findings, directs patient observations, laboratory results, and other diagnostic tests to determine the presence of infections according to the criteria established by the (CDC) and National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN).
3. Inputs and maintains accurate data in the Infection Control database.
4. Provides a basic level of epidemiological investigation of infections across the Hospital and applies epidemiologic principles in data analysis, identification of trends, risk factors, and designing improvement initiatives.
5. Perform clinical responsibilities within related specialty such as(Nursing, Laboratory, Respiratory, Pharmacy, etc.) as assigned.
6. Documents diseases required to be reported to the Ministry of Health, and submits necessary reports.
7. Makes recommendations and initiates appropriate isolation precautions to be used for known or suspected infectious processes, and discontinues precautions as indicated.
8. Performs appropriate follow-up of employees who have unprotected exposure to diseases for which specific protocols exist.
9. Collaborates with the Infection Control team and other relevant stakeholders on activities, decisions, and actions related to the environment of care and risk management.
10. Ensures that Standards for Joint Commission International Accreditation (JCIA) are met.Education
Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Laboratory Science, or related field in Infectious Diseases / Public Health is required.Experience Required
Two (2) years of related Infection Control experience with Master's, or four (4) years with Bachelor's Degree is required.