Have you developed and deployed open edX based applications and platforms?
Have you got experience with Python?
If you've answered yes to both of those, we are looking for you.
You will participate in the installation and configuration of the Open edX platform onto local servers and databases. It is a big eLearning project for the public sector in the Gulf Region. You will join an international team that is building a world-class learning and MOOCs platform based on Open edX. You will help the team implement and propose new features that will be used in production by millions of learners. You will be responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and supporting scalable software systems. You will be collaborating with the Product Management, UX, and Data Science groups to understand business problems and identify solutions.
Your tasks will include:
• Designing and development of course tools and functionality in the Open edX platform using Studio to create specific course functionality for learners and course administrators;
• Supporting the integration of video and audio-visual elements onto the platform;
• Providing documentation, support manuals and relevant training on the maintenance and functions of the platform, enabling non-technical staff to create and modify courses;
• Delivering progress reports on activities each month;
• Training of other staff on the operation and maintenance of the platforms;
• Designing and developing extra functionality for the Open edX platform including XBlocks;
• Customizing the UI/UX of Open edX as per customer requirements.
To be a good fit for the Full Stack Open edX Developer, you will have:
• 3+ years of experience in working with Python web frameworks, specifically Django;
• 3+ years of hands on experience on Open edX framework;
• Experience in customizing Open edX as a product around creating plugins, integrating with third party apps;
• Core and Plug-ins/XBlocks edX development;
• Knowledge of the configuration management tools such as Ansible, RabbitMQ, Redis & Elastic search;
• Experience with databases: MySQL, MongoDB, and PostgreSQL;
• Comfortable working in a Linux environment, specifically Debian or Ubuntu;
• Experience with contributing to free software projects, and communicating within a free software community;
• DevOps experience, especially on Debian/Ubuntu servers, Terraform, Vault, Packer, Prometheus, ELK, Docker.
Keys to success: You have excellent communication and teamwork skills (including fluent English). You are a good organiser and have an analytical mind and great attention to details. You are up to date with the latest technologies and coding best practises. You have a Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or relevant field.
Our Client offers:
• 9-12 month contract which can be extended to 2-3 years;
• The work can be remote at first (due to the Covid19)- B2B contract, then the relocation to Dubai is required and change from B2B to the FTE (company provides the visa, relocation and accommodation support and all benefits including healthcare, annual leaves, sick leaves according to the local labour law)
Reasons to join:
You will be working in the newly established software company in Dubai on a greenfield project and will have an impact on its products development. You will have possibility to participate in trainings on newest technologies (as Golang for example).
Sounds Interesting? Send us your CV by applying on this page.
The provision of personal data by you is fully voluntary and the basis for their processing is your consent. We have prepared some necessary information, you can find in document: "Information regarding the processing of your personal data". There you will find how your Personal Data is being processed and what your rights are in connection to this.
The personal data will be processed by Sowelo Consulting spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością spółka komandytowa with its registered seat in Cracow (Limited Partnership) registered in National Court Register (KRS) under no. 0000680493, Sowelo Consulting spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością (LLC) with its registered seat in Cracow registered in National Court Register (KRS) under no. 0000671136, our Employees and Subcontractors (jointly referred to as the Company).
Sowelo Consulting sp. z o.o. sp. k. is entered in the register of employment agencies under the number: 17107
Powered by JazzHR