We are currently looking for Drilling Equipment & Quality Engineer I to assist in technical, operations of drilling equipment and material requirements, liaise with Contracts & Purchasing departments and training department staff.
Job Responsibilities :
Technical : Initiate and coordinate the fulfilment of drilling equipment and material requirements (from both Technical & Quality stand points)
1. Review & Plan equipment and material requirements as laid out in Drilling Bar Charts & individual well programs. Ensure equipment adequacy to avoid operation shut down.
2. Prepare detailed technical scope of work for drilling equipment, rig equipment and spare parts, including well tubulars, Surface wellhead, liner systems, drilling accessories & completion equipment.
3. Stipulate equipment Specifications & Quality requirements for Drilling & Completion equipment, includes but not limited to OCTG, Downhole Completion, Surface Wellhead & floating equipment, Drilling Bits and Accessories.
4. Assist in generating Drilling Tender’s SOW as per Drilling Operation requirements.
5. Carry out technical & Quality evaluations for Drilling equipment tenders.
6. Review and evaluate supplier's Quality Assurance Procedures & Documentations (QP, ITP, QCP, MPS, etc).
7. Prepare studies for new equipment technologies for management’s evaluation and trial approval.
8. Supervise / control all Third Party inspection activities for Drilling purchase orders.
9. Carry out Equipment Failure Investigation / Analysis and follow up on OS&D Reports. And prepare final investigation reports with the root causes, corrective and preventative actions.
Operations : Support the tendering, contracting, procurement and delivery processes for drilling equipment and materials
1. Plan and carry out vendor pre-qualifications, vendor Audit visits, vendor approval processes and vendor annual performance evaluations.
2. Work closely with purchasing department regarding technical, Quality and commercial evaluations of bids, for timely placement of Purchase / Service Orders.
3. Manage contracts and working relationships with vendors. Attend regular Contracts Review meetings for monitoring progress on various contracts and purchases.
4. Supervise all activities relating to third Party inspection for Drilling ordered materials / equipment.
5. Close follow up with Vendors for timely deliveries and arrange for Shipments to ensure phased Deliveries as per operation requirements
Liaison and coordination
1. Liaise with Contracts & Purchasing departments on tender’s evaluations for timely placement of contracts / Purchase Orders as per Drilling Operation requirements.
2. Liaise with drilling operations team to identify any urgent requirements for equipment, materials and services for Rig’s ongoing operation.
3. Liaise with Contractors & Third Party Inspection agencies to ensure fully compliance with quality requirements & smoothness in manufacturing processes with no impact on Delivery schedules.
4. Liaise with Customs and Warehouse teams in the field to ensure effective clearance and storage of equipment and materials.
Control : Policy, procedure and risk mitigation
1. Ensure compliance with company QHSE policies, procedures and best practices throughout the planning, tendering and procurement processes.
2. Maintain compliance with guidelines and requirements regarding the gathering, quality control, maintenance, storage and retrieval of technical data.
3. Ensure compliance with and proper application of company procedures and internal regulations, including those pertaining to confidential information, and recommend updates as needed.
Coaching, Training and Mentoring : Actively contribute to the development of staff
1. Support department staff in meeting needs for employee training, development and skill gap closure.
2. Coach employees in order to build their knowledge and skills.
3. Mentor staff to ensure appropriate succession management.
4. Motivate employees by encouraging, recognizing and rewarding superior performance.
Interested and suitable applicants may send their CV through email at petroleum oilgas.jobs. Please include in the email subject line the job title.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.