Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
and insurers managing exposures with reinsurance coverage. With $150 billion in assets and $37 billion of gross written premiums in 2014* on a pro forma basis, Chubb’s core operating insurance companies maintain financial strength ratings of AA from Standard & Poor’s and A++ from A.
M. Best. Chubb’s parent company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE : CB) and is a component of the S&P 500 index.
Chubb maintains executive offices in Zurich, New York, London and other locations, and employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide.
To support and implement the business strategy through underwriting of Power and Construction business. The role incorporates risk selection, administration, handling existing cases (renewals) and developing new business portfolio within specialist area of Construction and Power Generation business within Technical Lines division
1. To underwrite new business and renewals according to defined guidelines, specified budget and local business plan.
2. To assist managers with development and management of portfolio, market profile and producer relationships. Tasks involve regular liaison with brokers and / or clients.
It may also involve liaison with Chubb business development managers.
3. To maintain accurate files, monitor and maintain existing policies.
4. May have some training responsibility for less experienced members of the team from other countries throughout MENA. This involves taking referrals, training staff by using the best practices, assisting in the peer review process as well as providing mentoring, training and coaching where appropriate.
5. To work within the framework of Chubb ethical and service standards
6. Specific role responsibilities :
Daily tasks involve setting up and assessing risks provided by brokers and cedents from the MENA region. Set up file and begin the UW process using all of the tools and techniques inherent within the Tech Lines UW practice.
Assess, price and set terms or decline accounts post risk analysis. Work with the Engineers throughout the process, refer to UW Managers and finalize the risk utilizing the relevant systems as necessary.
Managing the producer plant, liaising with other departments, provide feedback to the managers as required and staying on top of the market and portfolio as necessary.
Engineering background with Bachelor Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering a plus. Business Degree also considered.
ACII qualification or similar or working towards such qualifications would be considered an advantage. Should have demonstrated considerable market experience of over 5 years in underwriting.
Training at any Reinsurer’s technical courses relevant to this role would be considered as an advantage.
Ideally MENA experience a plus but not required. Must have proven comprehensive understanding and working experience in Construction and / or Power Generation underwriting, the insurance market and competitors.
Solid experience of dealing with brokers and clients. Ability to make own decisions and work on own initiative. An experienced professional who is recognised externally.
Working for Chubb