Ref No. (6205)
Job Summary and Scope of Responsibilities
Monitor, review and approve (as required) EPC contractor relevant engineering / design activities. Ensures piping deliverables are in accordance to the projects' and company's design intent, prescribed specifications and good engineering practice and are completed within schedule.
Develops piping and plant layout and basic engineering deliverables for new projects. Work also includes field support.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for meeting company's engineering quality levels for discipline on assigned projects.
2. Oversees development of piping design concepts and ensure proper application and execution.
3. Assists contractor's teams to produce engineering / construction documents that meet the project requirements within the allocated schedule and budget.
4. Verifies contractor's work quality regarding specifications, calculations, philosophies, reports, MTO's, code application, submittal review, deliverable, and drawings.
5. Reviews to ensure adequate flexibility in critical piping systems
6. Develops piping specifications
7. Reviews (Ceasar software) stress analysis reports
8. Check Material Requisitions are reflective of project requirements and specifications
9. Review technical bids to ensure vendor compliance with material requisitions
10. Responds to contractor technical queries and concession requests
11. Ensures material / valve description databases are kept up to date
12. Ensure uniformity and standardization compatibility at optimum levels in design and engineering all phases of the project and update company specifications by incorporating lessons earned
13. Participates in technical review meetings such as 3D model and constructability reviews
14. Manages work plans and deliverables on multiple projects within budgeted hours.
15. Evaluates Value Engineering (cost cutting) items in accordance with Company's level of risk.
16. Ensure that cost-effective solutions and applications of value engineering are applied throughout the duration of the Project
17. Encourages collaboration to seek the best solutions.
18. Edits and develops basis of design narratives documenting project scope.
19. Develops piping design concepts and basic engineering deliverables such as plant layout drawings.
20. Audit installations during construction, Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning of equipment / systems and assure that the installation / performance are in accordance with specifications
Reporting and Working Relationships
21. Reports to the Engineering Manager on all projects related activities and critical issues.
22. Reports to Directors, Projects on any critical issues affecting project costs or schedule
23. Maintains and exhibits excellent working relationships with all Crescent staff.
Continuous Improvement of Position
24. Continues development of professional expertise, ideally through achievement of professional related certification.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications / Certifications Required
Minimum Professional Experience Required