Education : Bachelors Degree
Experience : 1 - 5 Years
Responsibilities : To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of anybody else whom may be
affected by your acts of omissions.
Description : 1. Undertake menu planning in consultation with the Chef.
2. Oversee and participate in the preparation and cooking and serving of main meals,
snacks, cakes, etc. in accordance with specified menus.
3. Ensure menus are displayed showing choices.
4. Determine quantities to be cooked and size of portions to be served, taking into account
diets to meet medical, ethnic and personal needs.
5. Check quantity and quality of stock received and notify suppliers of deficiencies.
6. Where meals are provided for another establishment and the community, oversee the
packaging of the meals in the absence of the Chef.
7. Oversee washing and cleaning of floors, crockery, utensils, work surfaces and other
kitchens equipment to ensure that the necessary hygiene and health and safety
standards are maintained in the kitchen and dining room as appropriate.
8. Ensure that the appropriate clothing, including head wear, is worn at all times in
accordance with the Trusts guidelines.
9. Co-operate fully with the statutory inspections and implement recommendation as
10. Act as Supervisor to the Kitchen Staff Team on shift.
11. Deputize for the Chef during his / her absence.
12. To undertake such other duties as may be determined from time to time within the
general scope of the post and to be aware that social activities connected with the home
may require voluntary work attendance outside normal working hours.