Job Role : Estimator Engineer
To support the growth of the organisation through effective project management and control that contributes to accurate and timely completion of contracts.
To assist the project management team in the preliminary execution stage of the project and to ensure competitive pricing of tenders in order to maximise sales and the growth of SEW.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
1. Review bid / RFQ documents for material requisition, scope of supply, data sheets and P&ID’s, project specifications, drawings & client requirements for commercial / technical package.
2. Carry out estimation works (e.g. materials take-off, fab / weld & machining hour estimate, preliminaries and etc.)
3. As required attend client pre / post tender meeting including required site visits.
4. Sourcing of raw material prices from suppliers / vendors through purchasing department and for areas / facilities of the project that needs to be sub-contracted.
5. Coordinate with the other department head to obtain a more realistic estimate and from ERP sales dept to compare with similar projects completed.
6. Review all offers / prices of materials / equipment suppliers and sub-contractors proposal, as applicable. During tender stage, Estimator to review and select out from offers provided by SEW purchasing department from approved / known suppliers / sub-contractors the most competitive offer and ensure that conforms to the technical specs requirement for the project.
7. Finalize / summarize the required estimation costing by facility / areas and prepare draft proposal.
8. Submit estimation to the Engineering Manager for review and costing along with the prelim draft technical / commercial proposal.
9. Assist the Engineering Manager in the compilation of Bid Package for submission to client including all required accompanying documents.
10. Contract review for newly awarded projects; carry out technical & commercial contract review of contract documents (e.
g. PO with its accompany documents such as project specs, drawings) in comparison with SEW submitted quotation, tender docs and post tender bulletins to ensure that all the said documents are matching / in-alignment and check for any + / -variations.
11. Prepares quotation for New Manufacturing of Manifold Components
12. Prepares quotation for repair / refurbishment of BOP, Valves and Wellhead Equipment based from contract rates.
13. Prepares quotation for Electrical and Instrumentation works for metering skids.
Desired Candidate Profile
Ability & Skills
Accountabilities and Performance Measures