Education : Masters Degree
Specialist A required for a reputable group of clinics in Sharjah, UAE Please note that although the employer offers attractive salary packages, they have not specified the salary ranges for this job as this will be determined after interviewing the shortlisted candidates.
Responsibilities : As per Job Description
1) Refer patients to other specialists, as needed.
2) Record patients' health histories.
3) Provide dermatologic consultation to other health professionals.
4) Provide liposuction treatment to patients.
5) Instruct interns or residents in diagnosis and treatment of dermatological diseases.
6) Recommend diagnostic tests based on patients' histories and physical examination findings.
7) Conduct clinical or basic research.
8) Read current literature, talk with colleagues, and participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in dermatology.
9) Evaluate patients to determine eligibility for cosmetic procedures such as liposuction, laser resurfacing, and microdermabrasion.
10) Conduct or order diagnostic tests such as chest radiographs (x-rays), microbiologic tests, and endocrinologic tests.
11) Provide therapies such as intralesional steroids, chemical peels, and comodo removal to treat age spots, sun damage, rough skin, discolored skin, or oily skin.
12) Provide dermabrasion or laser abrasion to treat atrophic scars, elevated scars, or other skin conditions.
13) Prescribe hormonal agents or topical treatments such as contraceptives, spironolactone, antiandrogens, oral corticosteroids, retinoids, benzoyl peroxide, and antibiotics.
14) Perform skin surgery to improve appearance, make early diagnoses, or control diseases such as skin cancer.
15) Perform incisional biopsies to diagnose melanoma.
16) Diagnose and treat pigmented lesions such as common acquired nevi, congenital nevi, dysplastic nevi, Spitz nevi, blue nevi, and melanoma.
17) Counsel patients on topics such as the need for annual dermatologic screenings, sun protection, skin cancer awareness, or skin and lymph node self-examinations.
18) Conduct complete skin examinations.
19) Diagnose and treat skin conditions such as acne, dandruff, athlete's foot, moles, psoriasis, and skin cancer.