Perform professional transportation planning and policy tasks and participate in developing integrated multimodal transportation plans and systems for the Client.
KEY RESULTS and ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Managing and reviewing transportation planning and policy studies conducted and ensure their alignment with Client’s strategic transportation plan; Policies could relate to a wide array of transportation planning and implementation issues, including but not limited to economic impact studies, land use planning, transportation financing, travel demand management, and public investments
- Participate in planning major road and public transit systems and networks in light of Client’s strategies and goals;
- Analyze the results and issues raised by Client’s entities that monitor the implementation of transportation plans and recommend required mitigation measures where needed
- Identify various transportation planning problems and identify studies or policies that may contribute to solving these problems, draft terms of reference for the same "as needed", and follow up the implementation of these studies;
- Conduct international benchmarking and studies related to different transportation planning and policy issues, develop and present solutions as needed;
- Participate in urban and transportation planning activities and in the efforts of integrating land use and transportation plans in order to optimize the efficiency of the planned transportation system;
- Develop policies, processes, guidelines and action plans related to the transportation and integration of transport modes
- Conduct technical studies to enhance the integration of all modes of transport services and provide solutions
- Analyze the KPIs related to Transportation and Transportation Integration from the operational agencies and provide solutions to enhance transport integration
- Prepare and present technical information and reports to a variety of audiences
- Result Orientation
- Analytical Thinking
- Knowledge Sharing
- Client Orientation
- Champion Change and Innovation
- Industry and Global Perspective
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Transportation planning from a recognized university. PhD is a plus.
- Minimum 15 years relevant experience in transportation planning and policy related fields.
- Fluent in Arabic and English (reading, writing, and speaking)
- Excellent knowledge of transportation policy development and evaluation
- Data manipulation and proficiency in the use of suitable software;
- Computer Literate.
All your information will be kept confidential