As aProduction Supervisor of Almaraba Business Operations in UAE, youwill be totally responsible and accountable for day to day smoothoperation of production activities of a farm.
Your jobresponsibilities and duties will include (but will not be limitedto) the following :
1. You are accountable for all aspects of production,responsible for creating and maintaining a safe and participativework environment.
2. Responsible for ensuring productquality and food safety.
3. Responsible for successfuland effective practical activities, to foster a positive regulatoryenvironment to achieve volume requirement, analyze &communicate continuous improvement programs.
4. Feeding, ventilation and egg collection systemsproviding a great platform for achieving high levels of productionperformance.
5. Responsible to monitor andregulate the farm buildings, machineries,equipment’s.
6. Planning activities forstaff, mentoring and monitoring them, establishes succession plansand employee development programs and Maintain a positive employeerelations environment.
7. Ensure maintainingand monitoring the quality of yield is as per the standards.
8. Maintain Daily / Weekly / Monthly reports : actual, versusbudgeted.
9. Preparation and implementation of cleaningand disinfection program for our farms and recommendation ofdifferent approved chemical disinfectants.
10.Reviews production schedules and priorities as a result ofequipment failure or operating problems
11.Preparationof ventilation settings of all production houses according to age,weather and type of house.
12.Keep up to date record ofhealth status of flock by arranging blood samples for monitoring vaccine titers of flock and checking signs and symptoms,arranging Post mortem with Vet.Doctor.
13.Conduct allequipment inspections to eliminate hazardous conditions.
14.Maintain an excellent knowledge of pests and diseases andan understanding of how they spread and how to treat them.
15.Applying health and safety standards across the production& Protecting the environment and maintainbiodiversity.
16.Responsible to prepare and submitweekly, periodic progress reports to Farm Manager, as perstipulates schedule.
17. Daily Reporting to FarmManager directly & escalation of all issues small &big to Farm Manager.
Area of operation : Production
Hours ofoperation : 10 hrs. (Including Duty Meal Break)
In addition to the abovementioned duties and job functions any other assignments givenoccasionally on a daily basis by the management.
Key Areas ofResponsibility :
1. Responsible forday-to-day Operational Decision : -
2.Responsible to administer the following towards businessfacilitation on day-to-day basis :
3. Communication andRelationship Management-Develop and maintain professionalrelationships with colleagues within and outside of the Departmentwhich enhance mutual understanding and respect.
Share relevantinformation about on-going research, research techniques anddevelopments in a variety of venues and formats.
4. Continuous Improvement : Improve processes and systems so as to reduce waste and wait timeand increase productivity
Key Performance Indicators :
1. Keep up-to-dateProduction data.
2. Mortality percentage to be below 10% in complete cycle.
3. Water consumption report
4. Feed Consumption report.
Education andExperience :
An agricultural science / managementBachelor’s Degree in Polutry
Knowledge and SkillRequirements
Must possess proven ability inagribusiness management and leadership : leading by example, settingclear expectations and be consistent and fair
Mustpossess the necessary planning and organizational skills to achievetargets as related specifically to : evaluating and prioritizingprojects and structure, schedule and supervision of monthly feedinventories and animal counts by groups
Must be able toproblem solve and find the best solution to a given problem orsituation, often collaborating with others to seek input andalternative ideas
be reliable andmaintain work / life balance
Must be able to make gooddecisions, understand and measure, monitor and adapt; seek trainingopportunities for further development
Must be able toact with tact and diplomacy in motivating and discipliningstaff
Must possess demonstrated, strong negotiatingskills
Must be able to provide role clarity and ensureteamwork amongst staff
Must be self-motivated and ableto communicate effectively at all levels both within and outsidethe Company
Must promote and project a positive attitude towards theCompany and its objectives
Must be able to communicatein English and Arabic effectively, both written and oral
Must be receptive to learning new technologies to helpimprove productivity and profitability of the farm
Mustbe able to calmly respond to employee and equipment problems
Must be able to comprehend basic business math calculationswell enough to verify accurate costing and billing as well ascounting and tracking inventories
Must be proficient inMOBA Polutry Operating System & Microsoft Office includingExcel, Word and Outlook