Education : Bachelors Degree
Description : 1. Maintaining personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job.
2. Able to work as part of a team.
3. Relaxed personality with excellent communication skills.
4. Eager to learn new recipes and cooking techniques.
1. Cooking and preparing a variety of fresh nutritious midday meals and other refreshments.
2. Supervising food service assistants and kitchen staff, organising their daily duties and monitoring performance.
3. Ensuring that appropriate levels of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained in the kitchen.
4. Washing, cutting and preparing food before it is cooked.
5. Taking into account the wishes of clients when planning of menus.
6. Making sure good nutritional standards are maintained when preparing meals.
7. Making sure that all food at point of delivery is of the highest quality.
8. Enquiring is any clients have allergies and then cooking meals accordingly.
9. Responsible for high standards of food, hygiene, and heath and safety.
10. Keeping an eye on the temperature of cookers and roasters.
11. Assisting the catering manager to price up menus.
12. Deciding what quantities are to be cooked and the amount of portions to be served.
13. Constantly checking the quality of the food being served to customers.
14. Checking staff to make sure they are wearing appropriate clothing whilst in the kitchen.
15. In charge of stock control for the freezers, pantries and store rooms.
16. Encouraging junior staff in their training and development.
17. Contacting suppliers and ordering vegetables, meats, kitchen and cleaning equipment.
18. Controlling stock rotation to ensure the kitchen and larder are always well stocked.
19. Preparing hamburgers, fresh food, fried chickens, steaks, pizzas etc.