ResponsibilitiesTikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy.
We do this by helping users explore and discover the world's creativity, knowledge and moments that matter in everyday life by empowering everyone to be a creator directly from their smartphones.
While doing this, we are committed to building a safe, healthy and positive online environment for all our users.About the Team : Public Policy / GR team is responsible to build and maintain strong relationships with regulators / legislators, communicate and collaborate with internal cross-functional and engage in strategic partnerships with relevant stakeholders.
Responsibilities : The main responsibilities for this exciting role include : 1. Building relationships with local Governments, NGOs, academia, think tanks, and other stakeholders in the Pakistan market to support the growth of TikTok.
2. Working with policymakers think tanks, private sector partners, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) on issues of data protection, privacy, safety and security, intellectual property, e-governance, content policy, and other technology-relevant public policy concerns.
3. Building long-term strategic relationships with local partners; develop and execute advocacy / policy campaigns in relevant public policy areas that impact TikTok.
4. Advising internal teams on public policy matters emerging in PK, and help to shape strategic and actionable plans in line with respective Governments' regulations and policy frameworks.
5. Actively identifying emerging and significant policy issues in these markets and engage with stakeholders and experts on issues of importance.
6. Monitoring political and social events in the PK region, and work with local teams to mitigate operational risks; and,7.
Being an external advocate for TikTok's policy positions, and working to help local communities understand TikTok better.
QualificationsTo join our dynamic and fast growing team, the ideal candidate must have the following minimum qualifications : - A Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
and,- A strong team player with the ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment