Brunel Energy (a division of Brunel International NV Netherlands) provides specialists, engineers and other professionals for offshore and onshore engineering, construction, operations and other logistic support activities.
Our client is the operating company responsible for the processing of natural and associated gas from onshore oil operations in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
To execute the activities in the area of contract management in respect of Major Capital Projects covering tendering, contract formulation and contract administration functions.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES 1. To develop the right contracting strategies suiting the project specific requirements, in liaison with Project Managers and Planning & Cost Control Department.
2. To coordinate the activities relating to pre-qualification of the potential bidders. 3. To prepare the documentation needed for submissions to Tender Board at various stages of project execution like strategies, bidder lists, bid evaluation, award recommendations and variations.
4. To develop the contract documentation in liaison with all concerned personnel and prepare the necessary paper work for issuing the enquiry to the approved bidders.
5. To coordinate the tendering activities including preparation and issuance of Tender Bulletins and clarifications to the bidders.
6. To perform unprized evaluation of the bids submitted to ensure conformity to the specified legal, contractual and other commercial requirements.
7. To perform priced evaluation of the bids of the technically accepted bidders leading to preparing award recommendation and contract awards while maintaining strict confidentiality.
8. To incorporate the agreed changes in the final contract document, ensure accuracy of each and every document. 9. To perform contract administration functions including reviews of the Contractors’ submittals from contractual view points and advise the Project Teams on the appropriate responses.
1. B.E. Mechanical Engineer with min 5- 6 yrs experience in the Oil & Gas Sector mostly in Major Projects.
2. Must have sound knowledge in drafting of the contract, and its subcontract administration, and involved in Claims participation Interpretation of contracts and assurance of rights and obligations.
3. Formulation, presentation and negotiation of variations, claims and disputes.
4. Participate in pre-bid and post award commercial risk reviews.
5. Good commercial acumen and shall be capable of taking up assignments in all aspects of Contracts administration and Project control including cost control.