We are making huge global investments to deliver the most open, secure, reliable and transformative IaaS platform to help our customers through their generational shift to the cloud. We are reengineering our vast array of software and hardware assets and retooling our sales and engineering practices. With Oracle’s deeply innovative culture; unique track record of delivering most popular software platforms and its unparalleled ability to maintain a pulse of the enterprise customers – we are the only company on the planet that is delivering the most compelling services at every layer of the cloud.
Inside Oracle – we are a fast-growing; fast moving engineering and product group focused on delivering Oracle’s next generation infrastructure-as-a-service platform. We are on a mission to deliver a massively scalable global infrastructure cloud platform that is a hallmark of innovation, reliability and efficiency. This platform will show our customers the promise of infinite, on-demand, globally scalable infrastructure capacity that they can use to deliver efficient, productive and compliant services to their customers.
The Oracle Cloud Product Management organization is looking for customer-focused product strategists who can work with our sales teams, partners and customers to:
1. Drive rapid customer adoption of IaaS platforms by working directly with customers, partners and Oracle sales and sales engineering teams in the US.
2. Establish a plan for the product management that is focused on customer excellence. Help creatively build the best practices around customer engagement.
3. Work with Oracle field teams and key partners to transition enterprise customers to the Oracle Cloud.
4. Enable Oracle partners and field teams to successfully sell Oracle Cloud5. Present to customers at the CXO level
6. Monitor the product/program/project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with customers on technical matters.
7. Assist in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives for exponential customer adoption on the cloud platform.
8. Execute on Oracle’s engagement strategy with customers, partners and Oracle sales and field engineering teams
9. Be the voice of customers to Oracle’s various cloud engineering teams.Qualifications:
· 8+ years of experience in a public cloud/as-a-service, infrastructure, platform environment.
· 10+ years of experience working with enterprise customers in solution design or selling cloud product.
· Significant experience with enterprise IT and networking implementation as well as a working knowledge of security and compliance issues.
· Ability to create detailed customer engagement plans to keep up with the high velocity of features being delivered on the platform
· Deep understanding of cloud competitive landscape; customer priorities and challenges.
· Deep sales engineering experience engaging with sales, marketing and business development teams.
· Strong technical acumen, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong Communication, Presentation, and speaking skills.
· Strong Data Center, Infrastructure, and IT Operations Exposure
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).